W2P solutions produce several characteristics that have a major marketing impact on marketers’ product today. Not only marketers but any individual related to creativity designing, management or utilization of any kind of document in a company can actually revolutionize how they work today using the various different Web to Print business models.
Though for almost more than a decade now people have been able to customize documents and order documents that are template based. Taking the opportunity further is the Web to Print feature of branded and permission based access. Today public software such as VistaPrint software also authenticate a password to users; only by using which can a user access his or her account. This is however the very basic of service. As far as marketing and publishing are concerned, the applications offered by Web2Print platform are far more complex and sophisticated.
If a Web to Print portal is specifically branded to a company, any user wishing to enter that portal must seek permission and only enter when access is granted. In case a marketer uses the portal to store huge repositories of sensitive material or company related documents, the passwords of different level can also be set at the top executive level. This means that different users via a distinct password enter and access a certain area of the portal where material and document of their use is present. Once permission is granted users can enter the portal and manage, design and order other documents as required. This is possible irrespective of whether the Web to Print website is managed in house or on a password secured area of the printer’s site.
The project’s actual site of project design, ordering and hosting can be situated in a variety of different locations, all requiring permission in order to grant access to users. These locations include:
- On the marketer’s website, where the site is hosted on the Web2Print system
- On the software provider’s site, where the site is hosted using a SaaS solution, a very popular option nowadays.
- On the print distributor’s or broker’s site’s, where the site enjoys a totally branded area to the marketer’s company.
- On the printer’s site, where users can easily log in and access directly the different parts of the site through seamless navigation from the company’s own site.
- On local basis following the kiosk model. Here the content is locally available and transmitted only in case of a completed order.
In all of these cases, irrespective of wherever your site is hosted, and whether or not the marketer himself hosts the Web to Print solution, these portal are always branded to the marketer, containing all its logos, corporate colors, user permissions, text, approved graphics and all other elements. These elements are responsible for governing the different interfaces visible to users, the documents they are allowed to see and access and the ways those documents can be used.