Got some inspiration from reading one of my good associates Dr. Joe Webb’s and Richard Romano’s book, “Disrupting the Future”, Uncommon Wisdom for Navigating Print’s challenging marketplace.
The future of print, just like the future of web to print is very similar.
- Billing customers for results rather than for tasks. I see it more of a partnership every time a new web to print licensee stars using our software. If the web to print storefront is not performing, both of us should be to blame. Strive for Win/Win scenarios every time.
- Getting paid for reducing customers’ other cost centers. We are not here to add yet another overhead. We are here to reduce costs, improve workflows, simplify transactions between customers and printers, improve visibility, eliminate steps that costs money.
- Getting paid for increasing the revenues of customers. Participating in customer’s growth allows us to pay more attention to those that need it most. If your w2p storefront is not performing or if your printing storefront is outperforming, we can help in every stage of your growth.
- Selling through diligence, timeliness, relevance, and predictability. Automate to the point where you can run your entire shop virtually. Use latest advances in tablet or smart phone technologies to control your website and your shop from anywhere. Provide same visibility to end customers that are ordering product, whether it is print, clicks, views or responses.
- Understanding the complexity of media—all media—and guiding the customer through them. It is our job to be experts. Not just web to print experts, not just automation experts, not just marketing experts, not just cross media experts. Understanding how every aspect of printing business interacts with advertisement or production for their customers as well as for their own business is our responsibility. We cannot come up with better solutions if we cannot understand what the challenges are in a first place.
- Getting business through inbound marketing efforts. Easiest customer is a trained and a willing customer. Helping printers understand how to leverage social media, advertising media, call centers or live events will help getting better clients faster.
And finally, helping printers understand how to calculate the ROI of anything to do with WEB TO PRINT. ROI on media spend, ROI on integration of web to print program, ROI of getting a customer, ROI of post sale marketing. ROI on any effort can be simply calculated with a properly installed, properly trained web to print system. I just hope you (the reader) will engage us, Amazing Print for your web to print initiative.